(A) Project green
According to the vision of Heritage Foundation all it takes is a little bit of imagination to create a green space that is our home. We would like to get the families involved in making a little change that will do a lot of good. There is a multitude of choices to make about climate control, energy utilization, food preparation and making sure that our homes are green homes. We emphasis on creating awareness on:
- Buying foods and vegetables grown by local farmers. Poultry farms and dairy farms of rural and suburb areas are given importance to support regional agriculture.
- Help control the climate by putting shades on the sunny side of the house to keep the entire structure cool.
- Polythene bags are to be avoided. Encourage students to cover the sides of aluminium cans for storing pencils and pens etc.
- Instead of discarding paper which is printed on o0ne side use them to make small note pads.
- Divide that refuse into separate piles according to its content too time consuming and messy. Label separate bins according to their content.
- Spruce up our home at no cost by recycling waste containers and broken furniture and utensils by colouring in an artistic way. Attractive lamps can be made out of waste bottles.
- Seeds from oranges, lemons, pumpkins, peanut, cashew nut may sprout well planted in the spring.
- Invert bottles of souses, salad dressing and other semi solids to get the last few drops of the product into position for one last serving. Use the same technique in the garage for draining the last bit of motor oil etc.
Heritage Foundation arranged awareness camp and afforestation programme giving emphasis on Horticulture at Simulia, Purba Medinipur and at Jahalda, Paschim Medinipur. Dr. M.K Pradhan, Prof. Suman Bhattacharya and Mr. Shyamal Bhattacharya were present along with farmers and villagers to spread awareness.Project green Programme under Heritage Foundation
|Sl No.||Areas of activities||Venue||Number of Participants|
|1||Project Green Awareness Camp and Afforestation / Road Show||Purba Midnapore||120|
|2||Project Green Awareness Camp and Afforestation / Road Show||Paschim Midnapore||164|
(B) Awareness program for protection of environment :
Environmental awareness is to understand the fragility of our environment and the importance of its protection. Promoting environmental awareness is an easy way to become an environmental steward and participate in creating a brighter future for our children.
Here in this aspect Dr. M. K. Pradhan has taken an inspirational and informative project that spreads awareness of man-made environmental issues, while also instilling a sense of hopefulness for the future. Awareness program for protection of environment includes:
- Seminars in Primary, Secondary & Higher Secondary schools & Colleges of Sub urban & urban area.
- Campaign in Clubs & locality to aware people for disposing garbage in proper place.
- Awareness programs for using recycled products.
- Awareness programs for using bio degradable products.
(C) Water preservation :
Humans are decreasing our own water supply due to pollution. On top of that, we are polluting the water for all of Earth’s creatures, sending chemicals like oil and fertilizers through our rivers that ultimately end up in the ocean. Sure, we can rely on water treatment plants to send us cleaner water, but a baby dolphin obviously can’t build these facilities.
Heritage Foundation has planted the seed of thinking through multiple awareness programmes that water preservation should be our main priority.He has taken few steps regarding this issue.
- Using water efficiently and avoiding waste, is essential to ensure that we have adequate water today and into the future.
- Awareness program to reduce pollutant and contaminant runoff into natural lakes, rivers, and streams as well as extend the life of your sewer or septic system.
- Conserving the amount of water used at home will not only help to keep your water bill lower, but it’s also better for the environment.
(D) Preservation of natural resources :
Due to huge consumption of various natural resources it is quite eminent by different scientific studies throughout ages that the resources are limited and at this rate they are going to diminish soon if not we are aware of its preservation and create substitute renewable resources ASAP. Our awareness programs highlight this concerning areas.
(E) Protection of animals :
One can learn a lot from animals which can benefit the human race. For instance, a lot of medicines have been derived from the chemicals produced by animals. These medicines are then used to help cure various health conditions, such as heart diseases, disorders, and other illnesses. In fact, based on the statistics provided by the U.S Fish and Wildlife Service, more than 25% of the medicinal prescriptions given every year contain chemicals from animals. For instance, there are scientists who are studying venom from the pit viper to cure the symptoms of Melanoma, and the venom from a tarantula can help fight neurological disorders.
In our awareness programs we also include protect animal messages by citing such utilities and also means to prevent animal cruelty in rural areas as well as urban sectors.