Child Protection & Youth Development:
The way we perceive a child is how we perceive the future. A child is a seed of change and evolution. So they need to be protected and taken proper care of.
Child protection refers to preventing violence, exploitation and abuse against children – including sexual exploitation, trafficking, child labour and harmful traditional practices, such as child marriage. Children pushed into child labour, facing abuse in the community, trafficked, children affected by a calamity or emergency situation –We work to protect children from different kinds of harms – abuse, neglect, exploitation, physical danger and violence, trafficking etc. Despite the rampant economic growth in the last two decades, lakhs of children in India continue to be exposed to different forms of exploitation – mental and physical. For example, a shocking 12.6 lakh children are still into the abhorrent practice of child labour which is destroying their childhood.
Understanding good and productive practices in care and protection is a major focus of our programme work. This requires quality programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation (research & studies) and learning from the evidence and advocate to be scaled up. Some of the most important activities of our Child.Protection programme include:
- Improving the understanding of the situation of vulnerable children in need of care and protection.
- Building children's resilience and supporting their participation in their own protection, including child-led organizations and child-to-child support.
- Promoting diversion from inappropriate or punitive responses and encouraging the reintegration of children who have been stigmatized because of their coping strategies in the absence of effective protection mechanisms.
- Demonstrating the benefits of preventative approaches and early intervention over interventions at a later stage.
- Supporting the development of community-based care and protection systems.
- Support to the co-ordination and integration of services and support to vulnerable children.
- Building the care and protection of children into broader social welfare, poverty reduction and other national development strategies.
- Building the capacity of duty bearers to deliver effective care and protection for children.
- Developing the child to become youth of the nation by proper guidance.
- Facilitating them with modern education system.
- Advocating for legal and policy reform in line with the principles and standards of the United Nations Convention on Rights of the Child.
Heritage nurtures this process through inputs from eminent educationists and researchers for gradual development of perfection in little heart in order to become jewels and scholars for sustainable development of future earth. Each child must be empowered to emerge as a responsible global citizen attaining their literary goals and look beyond theoretical reflections.
“Education is the manifestation of perfection already in man”
– Swami Vivekananda
And this start in the early age of a child Heritage Foundation has introduced the wing, Heritage Little Hearts to encourage the child education. For details please visit.